Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Keeping popup window in focus 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaurelRose

Programmer
Apr 11, 2001
US
I would like to keep a popwindow in focus, so it's not left behind the scenes when other links on the main page are selected. Is there a script for this, or an alternative solution?

LaurelRose,

I have a small popup window that I always want to keep on the top. It mightn't suit your circumstances but this is simply what I do:

<BODY onBlur=&quot;this.focus()&quot;>

i.e. in the body tag of your page type the above. Therefore, anytime that the user clicks on another page, the focus automatically comes back to the popup. Mise Le Meas,

Mighty :)

you know what is really bad ...

I had a pop-up give immediate focus (body onload) to it's first input box. (a user friendly thing to do). Since the input box is part of a form, the body onBlur event isn't triggered when the user clicks on another window. This also goes for any other form elements.

Just an annoying helpful tid-bit,
Marc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back