Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Keeping menus on top of layer??

Status
Not open for further replies.

baybook

MIS
Sep 16, 2004
US
I have added a pop up menu to a table that is enclosed in a layer (via a div class="someclass") tag.

When I do this, the menu shows up behind the images, not on top of the layer.

How can I make the pop ups stay on top/

Thanks!!

Unfortunately that doesn't work. The image is still opening behind all of the other layers.

Any other suggestions? Thanks!

From the first post:
the menu shows up behind the images

And from the 2nd post:
The image is still opening behind all of the other layers

So..... is the image in front or behind? Where is it supposed to be? You've changed the problem in your 2nd post. When you say "menus" are you talking about <select> drop down menus? If so, this is a known problem and I beleive you have to do some kind of iframe trick to get it to work properly. Here's a link explaining the trick:

-kaht

...looks like you don't have a job, so why don't you get out there and feed Tina.
[banghead]

no... I am talking "pop up menus"

The images are all correct. However when I move my mouse over the image, the pop up menu appears behind the image rather than on top of the image.

I hope this help and that there is a solution/

Why don't you give us the link to the page or at least the relevant code if the first is impossible. I think too much time has already been wasted on guessing what might be the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back