Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Keeping forms inquiry only but allowing flow through

Status
Not open for further replies.

STPMB

Programmer
Sep 13, 2002
US
What is the best way to keep fields on multiple forms protected but still allow certain command functions to inquiry on various forms throughout an application?

I'm not quite sure what you mean !!!

1. What do you mean by fields, Textboxes or DB Fields?
2. Do you mean PROTECTED as 'Enabled=False' or as not anyone beeing able to change their contents?
3. What do you mean by 'Inquiry throuout the App'?
4. What is a 'Command Function'?

Sorry if i'm buzzing you but your question is somewhat vage.

ARISTON Engineering Ltd
Michael Vezyrgianopoulos
R&D Manager

Basically, in certain situations I only want to display a form with text boxes and DBgrid boxes etc for the user to view but not allow modifications of its contents.

I only want certain people to be allowed to modify text or DB grid contents but I still want other people to be able to view the information and make a selection from a list so that another form will pop up with greater detail of their selection. The next form also has to be have its contents protected from modification.

I also want to allow the user to be able to press certain command buttons to continue into another form.

I know I can use the locked properties on fields but am curious to know if there is a better solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back