Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Keeping corners effects when adding shapes

Status
Not open for further replies.

halthewalker

Technical User
Oct 7, 2004
GB
How do I keep all the corner effects on boxes when I add them together through the pathfinder?

Say if one box has a corner effect and one doesn't, when they are added together, they both have to have the same setting as each other.

Annoying. Any takers?

I have encountered the same annoying limitation using a pathfinder function on shapes with corner effects. I create the shape in Illustrator using the much more savvy pathfinder tool. I too will be monitoring this thread for a solution. If it is any consolation, CS2 has an improved pathfinder tool, performing the desired results with shapes containing corner effects.

The pathfinder in IS is pretty weak. Depending on what you're doing with the boxes, you might consider using the Group command, which will maintain the corners.

Using OSX 10.3.9 on a G4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back