Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Keeping a picture centered when using DHTML

Status
Not open for further replies.

DebbieDebit

Technical User
Jul 23, 2000
US
I am having a difficult time keeping an picture that I inserted in the center of the page when the page is resized.  I inserted it, and then highlighted it and using "Format" and then "Dynamic HTML Effects", I choose: "Page Load", "Wipe", "From Middle" as my effect.  I cannot seem to get it to remain in the center when I resize the page.  I also made the image a hyperlink. Could this be the problem?  I also have words above the picture which are also using DHTML ("Page Load" and "Drop in by Word") -- they work fine and stay centered. Any ideas as to why it is not staying centered? (Picture properties; Appearance; Alignment is Centered)I have tried using Absolute Position and that doesn't seem to keep it centered either.  HELP!  Thanks.

I'm not sure what's causing it--could be a browser incompatability issue (Microsoft Front Page is designed to work with Internet Explorer.&nbsp;&nbsp;Some of the component functions do not work properly with Netscape).<br><br>However, I've got an easy fix.&nbsp;&nbsp;A lot of designers use tables to control positioning of images and texts on a web page (which overcomes a lot of the incompatability problems).&nbsp;&nbsp;Put your image in a table, where you want it.&nbsp;&nbsp;You may have to use pixelshims (simple graphics that are the same color as your background) to shore up other cells.<br><br> <p>Linda Adams<br><a href=mailto:Garridon@aol.com>Garridon@aol.com</a><br><a href= Adams Online</a><br>I'm a professional writer, published internationally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back