Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Keep T/A open between reports when running Autosequence RES3700

Status
Not open for further replies.

SvenRizzo

IS-IT--Management
Aug 9, 2020
US
Hey guys,

Corp HQ needs us to run 4 reports from Transaction Analyzer every night and I put together a Autosequence that runs the reports and then opens our Tax report. Problem is after each report from T/A is run it closes and goes to the next step and reopens T/A. Is there a way to keep it open during the whole run of the AS or no? Its MUCH faster to do open T/A once and manually run each report but our teams seem to have issues not overwriting the saved configs or just forgetting reports in general.

We do something similar and no i don't think there is. As its running unattended (i assume) and during the night does it matter that much how long it takes?

We run the reports and the have to load the .csv files into an excel spreadsheet along with cash on hand and such before uploading to basically a google forms page. So shaving 5 minutes off at the end of a long night would be nice.

I myself usually use this time to reload the ATM. By the time I'm done the final report opens but not everyone follows my lead and usually end up just sitting at the desk watching it run.

My real end goal is to create a batch file that includes running reports, creating a daily reports folder, appending dates, moving reports into said folder, among a few other things. Haven't tried running T/A through the command line yet so I'm unsure how the BAT will respond to T/A opening and closing or if I have to put some kind of long wait cycle or pause into effect.

We do what you say. Run a end of night during the night, posting reports to a cloud drive, renaming them and and backing them . Then another batch of reports that get emailed out.
Its pretty seamless. We do our cash reconcile the next morning. We are usually over 100% credit/debit so not much cash to deal with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back