Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Keep Report - Swap out Table/Stored Proc 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

tadd

Programmer
Oct 28, 2001
US

I have a report that used to connect to a table, now it connects to a stored proc that returns the same fields. Problem is that the fields on the report still get their values from the table, but I want to them to get their values from the stored proc.

Is there some easy way to keep my report with all of its formatting, and just swap out the underlying data source for each field? All of the field names are the same between the old table and the new stored proc.

Even if I could just select the existing fields on the report and change their data source one by one, that would be fine. I couldn't figure out how to do that. ???

Thanks for any pointers.

Database > Set Datasource Location should do it.

It helps to give your Crystal version - 8, 8.5, 9, 10, 11 or whatever. Methods sometimes change between versions, and higher versions have extra options.

[yinyang] Madawc Williams (East Anglia, UK). Using Windows XP & Crystal 10 [yinyang]

Sorry. This is Crystal 10.

Using "Set Datasource Location" worked pefectly. Thanks.

I have a small follow up: I noticed that after I replaced the table with the stored procedure, the original table name did not change under [Field Explorer | Database Fields.]

Is there anyway to rename this table name/label? (I'm not even sure what Crystal calls this label - but it is the same name as the original table that the report was originally built on.)

Ya, just go to Database/Database Expert - right mouse click on the table and rename it to your new sp name. Screwey, but it works.

DataDog [pc2]
If God wanted us to count in Hexadecimal, then why did he only give us A fingers?

This worked. Thanks!

Crystal is strange indeed...never cared for the interface...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back