Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Keep Quick Correct On Always

Status
Not open for further replies.

rjr

Technical User
Apr 19, 2001
US
Quick Correct is not always on, but I want it that way. I thought maybe it was document specific, but that does not seem to be the answer. How do I turn it on as a default setting?

Version 9 (should have told yah the first time).

when you go to tools quickcorrect, is the box for replace as you type checked. If not it should be. If it is I'm not sure what is stopping it from working but I'll keep digging Hope this helped!

Neither box is checked. I must go in and check them to get it to work. I don't understand what turns this on and off. I want it always on by default.

if you have the box checked it will always be on. If it is not checked, quick correct will not work until you turn it on. Hope this helped!

Tha's just it. I must keep turning it on. Sometimes it is on, but often it is not. When not on I go in and check the boxes. I can't seem to turn it on and keep it on.

Try this :

Click File
Click Document
Select Current Document Style
Click Tools
Click Quick Correct
Make sure "Replace words as you type" is checked
Click OK
Check the "Use as default" checkbox in the bottom right of this window
Click OK

This procedure should set all of the options selected as the defaults for every document.

Best,
Pat Ansin Patricia Ansin
Director
The Callista Group
Development Centre
Auckland, New Zealand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back