Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Keep Main Header Group Visible Using On Demand Subreport

Status
Not open for further replies.

ckwizard77

Programmer
Jan 8, 2003
US
I have a main report which has a group header of account numbers.
I also have on demand subreports that a user can click on to view the subreports.
When the user clicks on the on demand subreport I no longer have the group header of account numbers.
I am using Crystal 10, CrystalReportInteractiveViewer and ASP to view the page.
Is there a setting either in Crystal or in ASP where I can keep the group header visible while I view the on demand subreport? In crystal 8.0 the viewer opens in preview mode and every time I click on a subreport a new tab opens, not a new window.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Add the group header field into the subreport. As mentioned in your earlier threads, you cannot open an on-demand subreport and maintain the view of the main report simultaneously.

-LB

So there is no way to have a tab open with the main report and another tab open with a subreport in the same viewer window so you can click either tab to view that particular report (like toggling) as was done in version 8.0???
If you can't how do I return to the main report then?

Well, yes, you can toggle between tabs, but I thought you wanted to see the subreport open and nested within the main report, with the main report still visible.

-LB

Thank you for your reply.

I still can't get the on demand report to open in a differnet tab. When I click on the on demand report in opens in the main window and I can no longer get to the main report.

Any suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back