Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Keep losing view of GridView

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcp001

MIS
Aug 26, 2001
US
Hello all,

I have a newbie question. I am working with a basic GridView using a SQL table. I drag and drop the table into the .aspx page, the data looks good in the "View in Preview" browser. My problem comes when I go back to the SqlDataSource and add an additional table (using Query Builder) that is linked to the first table. Testing the query as I link the tables looks good. As soon as I finish, I get a prompt that says:

Refresh Fields and Keys for 'GridView1'

Would you like to clear the GridView column fields and data keys? Warning: this will delete all existing column fields.

If I answer Yes, and preview the data in the browser, the entire page is empty. If I answer No, I get a error on the GridView that there was and error rendering the control.

Any suggestions? I'm I doing something wrong?

Any help would GREATLY be appreciated!!

I will answer "No" and then click on the Smart Tag to edit each column to the way I want.

if you cannot figure out the error, you may delete the Gridview, recreate it and bind it to the new sqldatasource control.

Seaport

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back