Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Keep being prompted to registher ACT

Status
Not open for further replies.

debsw1

Technical User
Jun 25, 2003
GB
We have a customer that is using ACT 2011 on a number of pc's but one of these keeps prompting for ACT to be registered. It is a Windows 7 pc, the user on the pc is heavily restricted, we had to login as network administrator to install the product, but product installed fine and registered. The user works all ok for some time then all of a sudden it asks to be registered again, just doing the registration does not fix the problem. This has happened 3 times since installation in June 2011. The first time Sage dialled in and fixed the issue. The other 2 occasions I have done the instructions from Sage Document ID: 14245, the section Damaged Windows System File always fixes it. I have to login as the network administrator to do the fix, cannot do it logged in as the user.

There is another IT company involved with the network and they will not loosen the restrictions. This is only happening on 1 pc though, it is the newest pc they have.

If anyone could give any further advice on this issue and possible cause of it I would be grateful.

Mike

Thanks for the response, the customer is currently up and working so do not want us to mess with the pc, I have kept the kb article for if and when it happens again.

Customer is running ACT Pro 2011 Version 13.0.401.0, Hot Fix 2.

Regards
Debbie

Haven't had the problem now for about 3 months so hopefully fixed, it was also a corrupt system file each time, this time I did everything as Administrator on the pc, worried that they have very restricted access and that could of been the issue, not writing information away properly. Have now also upgraded to SP1 and Hotfix 6 as same site that having other issues that I hoped SP1 would fix.

Regards
Debbie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back