Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Keep Active Window the same/constant even when new windows open?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gregmacca

IS-IT--Management
Aug 7, 2002
GB
Hi there

I am having a slight difficulty with the active window changing when I don't want it to. This usually happens when another program changes it to its window because it has performed some task. My concern is not when the active window changes when I open a new window as I am expecting this. The problem is when it changes unexpectedly while I am in the middle of typing something for example. My question is this - is there any way to choose an active window and then 'lock' the active window so that it won't change even when you open new window(s)until you specify a new active window or turn off the lock? Are there any freeware programs that can do this?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

X-teq X-setup also has a tweak for this. You can have it just blink at you until you choose it or have it blink for a specified number of times. (On the taskbar I mean.)

Jon

There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge. (Bertrand Russell)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back