Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Kebugcheckex error - code 44 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

xexth

IS-IT--Management
Jul 25, 2001
CA
I am working on a WinMe computer for a friend. The computer was taken to a computer store and fresh installed with WinMe. The install looks OK - but every once in a while a blue screen comes up and gives the following message: kebugcheckex called by c 0029e58
error code is 44 parameters d63cb770 000
system halted
The computer then locks up - no control alt delete - have to power down and reboot. This happens approx every half hour or so and is Very annoying. Has anyone any suggestions on how to fix this problem or what could be causing it?

If the computer was reloaded by somebody and this is what you got from them, I'd take it back...

If you got this back, it ran okay, changes were made, and NOW this is occuring, then what changes have been made?

Matt J.

check your drivers in Device Manager

this is a driver problem related to multiple drivers
operating on the same code, so look for duplicated drivers

printers/scanners ......stuff like that i would look at first.

just disable/delete the hardware and have windows search for it again to re-install

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back