Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

KDE session history is kept where??? 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

wilville

MIS
Apr 8, 2005
US
I am running RHEL3 with a KDE desktop, and have managed to get some stuff stuck in the session history that tries to run when a new window opens. It cannot run because the conditions for it to run are now long gone. But I cannot find out where it is coming back from to eliminate it. It is not shell history, since I have turned that off. Rather it seems to be something the X-window system is trying to restore to a session for me. It hurts when it does that, so how can I make it stop? ;^)

Thanks,
Wilville ( who has a brother Orbur )

How this is all set up can be found here:

Also- in the control center under kde components there is a session manager item that you can choose. I would imagine you could select the 'start with an empty session' option (and keep it that way if you want) and then log out, log back in, change it back to saved session and see if that clears it out.

~/.kde/share/apps/<appname> is where I usually start. If all else fails, try a 'mv ~/.kde ~/kde-backup' and restart the session. You'll get all defaults and can work from there (good if a mismatched theme makes your session explode everytime it starts ;-))

----
JBR

Thanks for the replies!! The web link is a wealth of good stuff and the path lead me to the right place after a little poking around. I am back in business, now. This forum has paid its way yet again!!!

Thanks!!
Wilville ( who has a brother Orbur )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back