Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

KDE Question(s) 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

bitbrain

Programmer
Jun 10, 1999
US
Be warned I'm new to this world!<br>
<br>
A few questions about KDE & Caldera:<br>
<br>
Caldera 2.3 ships with KDE 1.1.1. According to the box, it also includes the &quot;Themes Manager&quot; and 80 themes. The themes manager was not installed by default, I assume that I have to install it myself from one of the CD's. Does anyone know where I can find the manager on the Caldera CD's?<br>
<br>
KDE 1.1.2 has been released. This version has the themes manager built in and &quot;makes all other versions obsolete.&quot; My Linux machine does not have Internet access. Does anyone know where I can get KDE 1.1.2 on CD?<br>
<br>
Thanks for your help.<br>

bitbrain-<br>
<br>
Hmmm....check the search engines on that one.....wan't toooo long ago that I saw some sor of $5+S&H for us to do a download for you & mail it to you on CD deal.....you might be able to find 'em that way ;) <p>-Robherc<br><a href=mailto:robherc@netzero.net>robherc@netzero.net</a><br><a href= > </a><br>*nix installation & program collector/reseller. Contact me if you think you've got one that I don't :)

FYI - I found this on alt.os.linux.caldera<br>
<br>
<br>
Description:<br>
<br>
In your ad on your box you say that you include the kde theme manager <br>
and 80 kde themes. I can't find theme anywhere. How do I install them?<br>
<br>
Solution:<br>
<br>
To install the kde theme manager go to a commandline or terminal window. <br>
Put your install cdrom in your cdrive. Then change to the <br>
/col/contrib/RPMS directory. In here your kthememgr along with all of <br>
the kde themes is located. To install the kde theme manager <br>
type rpm -ivh kthememgr* and press enter. To install the themes <br>
type rpm -ivh kdetheme* and press enter. <br>
<br>
The kde theme manager is then installed off of the <br>
k menu¦settings¦desktop option.

bit:<br>
<br>
Thanks for letting us all know how ti fix the same problem after you found your fix.....that's <i>always</i> helpful. <p>-Robherc<br><a href=mailto:robherc@netzero.net>robherc@netzero.net</a><br><a href= > </a><br>*nix installation & program collector/reseller. Contact me if you think you've got one that I don't :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back