Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

kazaa

Status
Not open for further replies.

jillseurre

Technical User
Aug 28, 2003
GB
i know there a problems withh spyware on the full version of kazaa - but i have been told kazaa lite < >
should be ok

advice please

Kazaa lite is supposedly spyware-free.
However, file swapping services/sites are preferred stomping/distribution grounds for virus/trojan writers.
Using these sites with regularity will assure that you stay on the cutting edge of infection, AV or not. Good luck.

Kazaa... run, run far!

In 95% of virus cases that I have seen of late, Kazaa was the cause. The spyware and popups are initially a pain I'm sure but Virii spread like wildfire across file sharing programs such as these.

To Answer your question regarding Kazaa Lite, yes it does seem to be relatively bloat-free. I installed it here to see what files/registry entries were created so I could try to lock it down on our machines.

Compared to the original kazaa it is the lesser of two evils, but if you really do insist on using it ensure you have a good virus scanner and it's kept up to date every single day.

Not only that, but I would scan every day. I used to use winmx, I had several files deposited in my shared folder, that I didn't even download. They were virus executables, luckily my antivirus picked them up.

Matt J.

Kazaa Lite does have some spyware. I run Kazaa Lite K++, which I hear is supposed to be spyware free.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back