Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

KaZaa & WRT45G Firewall all ports?

Status
Not open for further replies.

whalstead

Technical User
May 17, 2004
US
I have WRT45G Router. Have installed KaZaa Peer to Peer program. While installing KaZaa if said if one had Firewall, which WRT45G has, to disable Ports, 80, 8080, & 8000. Then it said to enable incoming and outgoing on ALL Ports. Any ideas on how to do this? When I start KaZaa it just hangs on "connecting...." Prior to installing WRT45G and new Laptop I had no problem connecting to Internet with KaZaa.exe.

Do you have a large network?
I know, that here at my network, KaZaa is off limits. I have Insite servers that scout out every machine on the network and will eliminate any Kazaa apps of any kind. We have found way too many spyware progams associated with KaZaa, which also house PBO type virus activity....BTW if you close port 80 won't you lose all internet, and all broadcasts on 8080?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back