Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Kanji font in MS Access 97

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeAngelastro

Programmer
Mar 2, 2000
US
Hi,<br>
<br>
I need to develop an Access DB where some fields are in English and other fields are in Japanese. The field names are English. I want to store both in the same table. For instance, one field will store the last name in English and another field will have the last name in Japanese. There will be other similar field pairs. The objective is to print a report that will have both English and Japanese. I have Windows 95 and when I tried to install a couple TT kanji fonts I get the following error message:<br>
<br>
&quot;Unable to install the MS Mincho and MS PMincho true type font. The font may be damaged.&quot; <br>
<br>
However, the person I got the fonts from has no problem with them. But I believe that she is using the Japanese version of Windows 98. Has anyone out there developed an Access app with both English and Japanese? What do I need to do to ensure that it works?<br>
<br>
Thanks,<br>
<br>
Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back