Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

k175 Avaya Vantage phone programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sloas71

IS-IT--Management
Oct 14, 2019
US
Hello,
I am having quite the issue out of these phones as they think that it is Feb 12, 2018. Since the date is incorrect, started digging through Avaya expert documentation (you see where that got me) and so now I have a few questions for anyone familiar. The admin password is not enabled by default, I downloaded the 46xxsettings.txt and the upgrade for 2.0, placed them onto my FNP in a reachable share. Once I did that, I entered that path in on the phone under Settings>Network>More>File Server. Obviously I am doing something incorrect because the phone never contacts the share to pull anything down. Any thoughts here on what I'm doing wrong? If i can just get the admin account enabled, i can fix the rest. Thanks to anyone willing to assist.

you need to statically assign all network information: ip address, subnet mask, default gateway, call server, vlan, etc

I already had statically set the phone's IP, Subnet and Gateway. I do not see a call server address (i see file server) and the Vlan option is grayed out (I cannot access the admin menu as it states "The administrator password is not configured".)

I believe you have to configure the admin password through the 46xxsettings file.

## ADMIN_PASSWORD specifies a complex access code for access to local (craft) procedures.
## Valid values contain 6 and 31 alphanumeric characters including upper, lower and special characters.
## The default value is 27238 which implies that PROCPSWD is used as access code for access to local (craft) procedures.
## If ADMIN_PASSWORD length is less than 6 or greater than 31, the parameter is treated as not defined.
## If ADMIN_PASSWORD is configured, then PROCPSWD is ignored.
## The special characters supported are: ~!@#$%^&*_-+=`|\(){}[]:;'<>,.?/. " is not supported.
## This parameter is supported by:
## J129 SIP R1.0.0.0 (or R1.1.0.0), J169/J179 SIP R1.5.0, J100 SIP R2.0.0.0 and later, J139 SIP R3.0.0.0 and later
## Avaya Vantage Devices SIP R1.0.0.0 (build 2304) and later; the default value is "". ADMIN_PASSWORD is not applied on Boot Recovery Menu (BRM).
## 96x1 SIP R7.1.0.0 and later
## Avaya Vantage Basic Application SIP R1.0.0.0 and later; default value is "".
## Note: For Avaya Vantage Basic Application and Avaya Vantage Devices, if ADMIN_PASSWORD is not configured and PROCPSWD is not configured, then the
## local (craft) procedures are not accessible.
## Note: The parameter is also used by "Avaya Vantage Basic Application" to allow administrator
## to unpin/pin the application when PIN_APP is defined to "Avaya Vantage Basic Application" package name.
SET ADMIN_PASSWORD 12345!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back