Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

JVC MOI and/or MOD file format importing!! 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

worldfootage

Technical User
Jan 18, 2007
DE
Okay, whats up guys, so from my JVC Everio 505 I tried importing the video into Premier. In the JVC there are MOI and MOD file types. Adobe doesn't read this. So in the file that I saved my MOD/MOI file in, I went to tools and UNchecked the box that hides the extentions to the file types. After doing this, I was able to rename each clip as an MPG. This worked although, I lost my audio. In every source (WMP,Cyberling,Quicktime,Infranview) the audio will not play. Does anybody know how I can take care of this problem. I've been trying to figure this out for so long but it just isn't working out. Any help would be AWSOME. Thanks guys.

Maybe you should have done more homework before buying this camera for use with Premiere.

includes this warning:
One final caveat -- the MG505 records to a proprietary video format that is not easily edited in iMovie, Final Cut Pro or Premier. Professional users will definitely want to look elsewhere because the technical complication of converting the codec to a mainstream format is time consuming and yields mediocre results.

HOWEVER, all may not be lost. After a bit of Googling, I found where they offer a free utility to convert .MOD files to DV AVI (among other formats) which would then be editable in Premiere.

Further to the above, having just tried this program for the first time, I find you need a missing QT CODEC for which the recommend route is to uninstall QuickTime and instead install Alternative QuickTime from
I make no promise that any of this will give acceptable quality or even work, but they claim to be OK.

OK. I've now done a quick test of MPEGstreamclip using a VOB file from a DVD compilation.

Points to note.

Initial opening of the source file takes quite a long time - longer for longer files.

You can trim and do other operations once opened.

To export to a DV file format compatible with Premiere, choose AVI export and Apple DV with uncompressed audio.

The one test I did resulted in a DV AVI file that looked just fine in Premiere (I tried it with 6.5) complete with audio.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back