Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

JUST WANTED TO KNOW

Status
Not open for further replies.

magsam

Technical User
Nov 16, 2002
JO
How much does the CCIE exam costs? ofcourse without the preparation, am on my way to finish the icnd book and to start studying for the last time .

any tips ? what should i concentrate on in hands-on-labs, i have a problem with subnetting, is there any advice on which site or book useful to read and understand the whole concept .

does the mutiple questions in the ccna exam concentrate on deep info ?

thanks for ur help guys !@!

Hi Magsam,

I gave my CCNA jsut few days back, may be i can put in my 2 cents.

Dont even utter the word CCNA if you have a prob with subnetting and dont sit for the exam on the half chance of pasing when u are weak at subnetting, becoz subnetting is the one topic you can safely score 100% on. Its your best friend. This was crucial to my passing.

Dont rush it just to get it over with. Take your times, its ok...when when u go to that center know that you are gonna clear. you dont want to sit a second time. IF you think this cant happen to u, it may come as a rude shock when it does.

sure fire way of passing

1) Be able to subnet in your sleep

2) I did this, Get a bunch of papers into a file..open icnd and start like this

Q) What are all the commands for dlci local

A) show frame-relay pvc

Q) for dlci remote
A) show frame-relay map

Q) command for acls listed

Q) command of seeing ipx addresson an interface

Q) command for ip of peer device thru cdp

Q) Does sh int show you LMI type?

This file of around 10+ pages shud only have the commands.
small things which if not filed and reviewed can cause confusion on big day.

When u see a router o/p which you feel gives justone piece of info greater than another similar command, make a note of it.

For every page of commands on the ICND book for framrelay, PPP, extending the WAN, switch mangement..wherever add it to the file..Also commands on which u are always confused between 2 similar ones. Remember cisco likes to know the small details of router output. See that very basic sh int comand again..see every parameter that comes in the o/p...they may very well test you on a small teeny weeny o/p which alwys appears on the right hand most partof ur screen and which you never have bothered to read.

3) Do as many practice tests as possible.. I did around ten sets of question papers...60 q in each + the 500 q dump.

has the ever popular 500 question dump. 81-500 have correct answers.
the free tests...

4) Learn OSI layer thoroughly, know it forward backward, which application/protocol, maps to which layer

5)Day before exam get used to the sim questions bu using ur home pc simulator of test router.

3) Good 8-10 hour sleep before exam.

4) Take the exam in the morning, that way not too much time to get tensed up. Just get up, shave, bath, breakfast...listen to some music, see a news report..no studies... helps calm your nerves say to yourself when i return home I am a CCNA and go for it

5) For some of the high decriptive questions, note down and make scribbles and notes on ur rough working sheet.

6) Ask for good pc with ram for graphic capabilty and preventing freezing issues in sims.

6) Say a small prayer before hitting the start button the test and fire away.

Bes of luck!

Vikram
SAP BASIS R3/TIVOLI/IBM AIX administrator, CCNA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back