Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

just wanted to know 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigguyhawaii

Vendor
Jun 22, 2006
US
i've never had to restore a cp svr using a backup tape, but we had a discussion and we were wondering if: after ghosting the cp, would u need to restore the peps/cpmgr before reloading the database or since it was a full backup can u just restore right after ghosting?

aloha for your thoughts...

you would need to re-install all peps and cpmgr.the
restore would not have the peps and cpmgr with it.

no problems only solutions

strmwalker

If you are ghosting the drive no you would not, if using the backup tape in will only restore the database. If you are looking at cloning the drive, i recommend DRIVEXML i dont think ghost (or at least it didnt) will do a live clone, or a scheduled clone over to a network share.

I had to do this recently from a tape and I had to install the PEPS and the CPMGR. For me, just having the database is the real issue, that way you don't have to potentially spend hours rebuilding all of the MB if you have a large system. Once you logg into the server, restoring the database is easy.

we were in the process of upgrading a 702t from 1.7 to 4.0. we were suppose to upgrade to 2.5 first but decided to fat finger the 4.0 from scratch...but one of the drives on the 1.07 crashed, the one that held the mailboxes. but with the help of nortel he was able to rebuild the mailboxes and applications from a file on the first drive. we didnt have any save messages but it sure saved a lot of time for us. and the only reason they did it was they thought we had upgraded to 2.5. they changed their records after a certain date no matter if you did it or not... lucky for us.

you can ghost the drives.. power down, swap to the ghost drive, boot up, set the time..

only problem might occur on, old msgs are restored.. ie, users get the same msg lamps they had a the time the ghost happened...

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back