Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

just want to read an access 97 or 2000 database file 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

datamasher

Technical User
Dec 31, 2001
GB
Hi everyone,
I have a software package which manages theatre ticket bookings and wish to use the
marketing facilioties which produce access database files in access 97 or 2000 formats. I simply just
want to read / view these files ( I do not require to edit them in any way ). I am using Windows Vista and do not have Microsoft Office Access available
on my computer and do not have the budget to install this either. Is there an way of me viewing these files.

Steve

Hi genomon,
I want to open tables in old version access 97 .mdb files. I tried the link but early versions do not work. Had a thought thought though, might be able to import data to Excel 2003 which I have got on my Windows Vista Computer. Will try when I am back at work on Thursday.
Thanks for replying though!

Steve

When I had 97 and wanted to open it in 2002I had to find a copy of 2000. First convert to 200 from 97 then open it in 2002/3

Never give up never give in.

There are no short cuts to anything worth doing :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back