Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Just starting my ccna - advice needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

madmondeoman

IS-IT--Management
Nov 18, 2002
GB
Hi All

Just starting my ccna and have some cd's a bok on order. Does anne have any other advice on passiong. What routers to get for home to test, any ideas on where to get them ebay??

Many thanks

Shaun

Try to buy some. They have a large selection at a really good price. They have always treated me really well. For free access to a back to back router over the net try Haven't checked them in quite some time but they used to be free. For some good information in a funny story try Other than that my friend study,study, ohh and study!

Hi, I've been studying for a few months and have a few resources.

Best book is the Cisco CCNA Certification Guide by Wendell Odom. I also use the Sybex CCNA study guide to cross reference.

Cisco's Internetworking Technology Handbook also covers alot of topics and is of course free aswell.
Other sites I've checked out:

(very useful, nice videos)
(a personal web site)
(run by someone on this forum, can't remember who)

and the RouterGod guys present a nice light-hearted approach to it aswell.

I borrowed a copy of RouterSIM off a friend and while it kind of gives you a feel of a test lab it isn't very flexible so don't waste your money on that.

I'm not sure whether I will buy any routers myself. I suppose it depends on your reasons for doing the CCNA. If you want to be a network admin then you probably should but at the moment I'm just looking at the CCNA as background knowledge for other areas of IT.

Other than that, just read lots and don't be afraid to ask questions.

"Very funny Scotty, now beam my clothes down aswell".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back