Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Just Starting HTML Table with effects needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

DougHomeOffice

Programmer
Oct 31, 2001
US
I am just starting out and My website has a simple side navigation. All it is is a table with links. I kinda want to keep it that way for now (my only editing tool is front page but my site is not in FP)

I tried a DHTML effect it front page that worked on my computer but not on the published site( Basicaly, I am trying to keep the effects simple w/out changing images. Something to make a mouse over the link stand out like changing the background color or font color, actually the one that front Page had was a border change to red. That was nice but I want it to be simple for earlier browsers.

Again, I am an Access progammer so I can sorta understand code but I have been using a ASP generator. I just need an HTML table with a mouse over event or some better universal idea.

Thanks

-Doug

I would use CSS(Cascading Style Sheets) and not javascript for your purposes. It is widly recognized by browsers and can produce the effects your looking for without any scripting. Just create a <STYLE></STYLE> tag at the top of your HTML doc and insert a hover effect for the table in which your NAVIGATION txt exists. Be warned that if you have any javascript on your page NS4x and below Netscape browsers will completly ignore all of your style arguments, there is no work around for this so just live with it. IE has really awesome support for styles since you can take advantage of some DirectX features within MS WINDOWS and NS6 has finally basic support for sytles. This should be a safe, quick, and easy solution. Rocco is the BOY!!

M O T I V A T E!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back