Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Just Need some input good or bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TwoTons

Technical User
Mar 11, 2006
US
Hi all I am looking for a new backup application. As of now I have Power Quest and that's doing more failing and with no support I think I need to move on.
Now I like what power quest does.
1. Backs up open files
2. Works with raid
3. Makes a full image
4. Its able to restore just one file if you need to.
5. It has a scheduler

I only have one server as of now might be lucky and get another one. I back up a full image of the C:,D: Partitions to an internal drive and then to external drive as well.
so its pretty simple backup solution. but it works well .

The companies I have looked at so far

Acronis True Image $699 and $139 for support

Symantec Backup Exec $799 and $ ?

Common Vault $?? and $ ?

Is there any other software I should be looking at ???

CommVault will cost you more than the other 2 you have mentioned as it is an enterprise class solution like EMC Legato Networker and Veritas Netbackup...your environment doesn't really justify this.

Going to agree with Comtec on this one...look at something like Bakbone.

i like ur approatch to the problem: get as much possible solution as possible.
but as a permanent Acronist user i must say that True Image Server for Windows satisfies all ur demands.

if any question arises ask me, it'll be my pleasure to answer them

Don't know if this is a help or not but see my post in this forum as I found a freeware enterprise class system which they say uses VSS to mirror open files.

http:\\
Could be a blind alley as I don't know whether to try it myself as I've never heard of the company!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back