Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Just hopped onto the 'JAVA' bandwagon folks

Status
Not open for further replies.

c0deM0nK424

Programmer
Oct 28, 2007
GB
I'm self teaching, self training myself JAVA programming - at University I had the choice to study C++ or JAva as a double module (a subject that spans two semesters as opposed to one).

I foolishly took on C++ back then thinking 'this is it - my meal ticket to becoming the GREATEST games programmer that ever lived and breathed...) [lol]

meh , yeah I kind of liked C++ but it didn't 'grow on me' if you catch my drift.

Fast foward to 2012 - i go to Oracles official Java website with its rich source of tutorials and knowledge rich pages, and I commence writing my FIRST EVER program in JAVA.

if you're beginning to doubt the seriousness and value of this thread - hang in there lol

basicaly coding in Java feels 'so natural'. Its bliss. Surely its the greatest language ever written for programmers ?

with the exception of the MIGHTY PASCAL (and its derivative, Modula-2 .. remember Modula-2 folks ? ^_^ ) lol

i ran across this in the tutorial for arrays....and it takes a lot to make me laugh out LOUD literaly whilst sat my computer, but this had me in stitches. SURELY nobody on the face of this earth has been found guilty of trying to write this line of code you see below ?

// this form is discouraged
float anArrayOfFloats[];

bwahahahha [lol]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back