Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Just got a Fc-4700-2 having issues with boot up

Status
Not open for further replies.

hidden75

IS-IT--Management
Aug 10, 2005
US
Okay I connected a VGA monitor to the FC4700 and it goes thru the POST and then says something about the kernel and eventually I get beeps and it says on the screen Operating System not found.

I connected a console cable to the serial port and connected my laptop. I see that it is not finding FLARE on the drives. I rotated all 10 drives thru slot 0 before I went to work and still no go.

I will try the double method slot 0 and 1 when I get home this morning.

My question is this, does the FC4700 boot from the FLARE or from the internal small hardrives first? I'm thinking that the internal harddrives were wiped by the previous owner before they dumped it.

Does it boot FLARE first and then turnover control to the internal harddrives?

hello check my threads concerning the 2.5 inch disks. there is no flare on the small disk. consequently you have to copy it to the disk using the parameter LARGE in the bios of the copying pc. you need a full copy/image of the flare from a working 2.5 inch disk and than you can re-image it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back