Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Just Aquired "24" NBX100 Switches need some Field Schooling

Status
Not open for further replies.

kwtaylor

Programmer
Aug 30, 2007
US
Afternoon folks. As mentioned in the post I recently inherited 24, NBX100 Switches, through an aquistion. And I don't have any knowledge on this line of product.

1st question, Are the 2100 and 3100 series phones Ip or Digital?

2nd question, Do you need to a POE Injector, Power Brick, or POE Switch to pass a LAN connection through the phone?

3rd quesiton, Where can I order an installer/ Adminstrator manual for the NBX100 (I know it's Manf. Discontinued)

1. All phones are Voip (well 3Com proprietary - NIP mode)
2. You will need a PoE injector, PoE Switch, or a Power Brick. Any one of them will do. (You need to make sure that the phone supports PoE. 3100 Series should, 2100 series I believe the PN ends in PE for PoE enabled phones.
3. ftp://customer:cases@gso.3com.com/Software/Voice_Software/
You can find software and manuals there. You will need licenses for upgrading the software to major revisions ie 4.x to 5.x or 6.x.

Good luck!

engjohn - thanks for the response! Your link however doesn't seem to be working.

wow dont know what happened there...

ftp://gso.3com.com/Software/Voice_Software/
user: customer
pass: cases

Just seeing if you got what you needed? Feel free to reach out if you need assistanace.

Another question... what is the difference between the 2102 and a 3102 phones?

This site gives you some info on the phones.
2102 older phones for the NBX100 No License needed on the NBX 100
3102 newer phone, more features, more buttons and group 2 licenses needed for all systems. Minimum software 4.2.x for 3102A or 5.0.x for 3102B on the NBX required. (v3000 systems include 15 Group 2 licenses.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back