Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Just a word of thanks...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 16, 2011
US
The landlord provided Norstar system in our new building is all but configured the way I want it (only the permanent AA Greetings to still sort out, when the Admin Assistant has time to sit down with me and record them), so I thought I'd pop on and thank you for all the help and advice you've offered over the last couple of weeks.

With both direct answers to the questions I've asked, and with the search function helping a lot with other issues, you've helped me figure out that it was safe to factory reset both the MICS and the Flash; why my extensions weren't lining up the way I expected them to on the 110 blocks before the reset (Set Relocation was on); why two of my modules had their power lights blinking at me (they were bad!); why external paging wasn't working (the paging amplifier was bad!); why I couldn't get one of the two installed ATA2s working (it was bad!); and why I was having difficulties with certain aspects of system use after programming (some configurations were not quite as I wanted them). The forum has also provided a boat load of general information that has proven extremely useful both to myself and my user base.

You may notice something of a pattern though - I've spent way more time on troubleshooting equipment that turned out to not be working properly in the first place (including about a dozen of the 40-some phones we were left), than I probably should have. But with a system that's close to 20 years old, in a building that was somewhat neglected by previous tenants (one phone reeked of fish when I plugged it in and went to use it!), I suppose that's to be somewhat expected.

I can't help wondering though if it wouldn't have been a better long term solution to suck it up and buy a new, IP system to begin with. Not that my hands were on the purse stings for this particular project. I guess time will tell.

Anyhow, a very sincere thanks to all on this forum. Very much appreciate all your inputs!

Thanks for the thanks!!!!

=----(((((((((()----=

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back