Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

junk messages in System Log on Production Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miriam

Programmer
Sep 27, 2000
US
Hi,

In System Log on my Porduction server I see many messages like this one:

Application popup: Messenger Service : Message from TELEISP to 12.8.3.69 on 9/27/2002 4:12:22 PM
NEVER PAY FOR LONG DISTANCE AGAIN!
*Unlimited long distance calling has finally arrived!
*Works from any home or office phone.
*Includes all in state and out of state calls in continental US.
*Service currently available in over 700 cities in the US.
*Call 1-877-221-2875 to check availability in your area.

Is this some kind of virus? If yes, how it's can happend if NetShield antivirus ran all the time? We ran W2K Server SP2.

Thank you in advance,
Miriam

That's what I would have thought. Is NETSHIELD up to date? If virus scan doesn't find it, do a google search for ad-aware. This software is free, and it finds cookies on your hard drives that report back to the vendors that install them without your knowledge. Glen A. Johnson
Microsoft Certified Professional
glen@nellsgiftbox.com
[americanflag]

"How many things, too, are looked upon as quite impossible until they have been actually effected?."
Pliny the Elder, Caius Plinius Secundus(c.23-79 A.D.); Roman writer.

Glen,
Thank you for quick response.

Yes, it is up to date. SysAdmin said me that it updated automatically everyday/week. He does't know how it came in. I have 3 SQL Server Production servers and on each of them the same story with this junky messages. I will look for ad-aware.

Thanks,
Miriam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back