Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Junk Mail Handling trumps rules

Status
Not open for further replies.

kreuzrsk

Programmer
Mar 3, 2004
US
I just started using the Junk Mail Handling last week. Seems to work pretty good except for the main list server I subscribe to. Emails from the list, ESRI-L, are received with the FROM address being from the individuals email address, and therefore unique, instead of from a single list server address.

So all my ESRI-L list emails are going to Junk which I don't want. My year old rule to put them in a ESRI folder no longer works. I'm guessing that the Junk Mail Handler processes email before Rules. Is there a way work around the Junk Mail Handler.

General rule of thumb I follow is.. don't use Junk Mail handling. You spend too much time (and your users do too) managing spam.

Better to use a 3rd party antispam solution.

also, you should be able to tell it who trusted senders are so they don't get junked, but it's been a while since i looked at the options.

Marvin Huffaker, MCNE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back