Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Junk emails

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtoestreich

IS-IT--Management
Jul 17, 2003
US
one of my users has told me that alot of emails from our system end up in the junk email folder of one of our clients. Is there any possibility that this could be caused by something on our system? Our system is exchange 2000, up to date on patches and service packs running on Server 2000, up to date as well.

Thanks for the help

Depends of multiple things. Does the client side have a rule that sends emails from your domain to junk mail folder. Maybe something in the subject or in the body of your email triggers something on the receving end to think it's a spam. One of my clients sent out an email with the subject line : Promotional Video which was a legit email for promoting his company. However some spam filters considered it spam and either bounced it or flushed it ! Innocent mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back