Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

June Upgrade to 4.0(07) 5410 & 5420 now say "Please Wait"

Status
Not open for further replies.

BURLYMAN

IS-IT--Management
Aug 19, 2002
US
I upgraded an IP Office SOE to Version 4.0(07) from 4.0 (05) and now my 5410 & 5420 phones say "Please Wait" they show version 2.00 and 4.00 firmware respectively. One of the phones caught my eye just before I rebooted the IP Office (Hard boot)and it showed something along the lines of "Upgrading ....." I upgraded remotely so could not see the phones and how long they were in this state however the phones will do nothing except say Please Wait. The interesting thing is that I have a 5402 which has no issues. Anyone have any thoughts on this? I have rebooted 2x so far. I can even use System Manager. Can these phones be upgraded some how?

This is from tech bulletion 83:

3.13 Release 5.0 DCP Firmware
PLEASE READ AND UNDERSTAND PRIOR TO UPGRADE
This maintenance release includes updated firmware for the Avaya 2410/20 and 5410/20 digital telephones. When IP Office systems have been upgraded to 4.0(7) Q2 2007 maintenance release, the DS 2410/20 and 5410/20 telephones will automatically attempt to upgrade to this new release of R5.0 DCP firmware. Failure to have version R5.0 DCP firmware copied to the IP Office specified TFTP server will result in the telephones becoming non operational. Telephones will automatically restart after upgrading completes. When upgraded, the terminal can only be used on this maintenance, and subsequent IP Office maintenance and GA software releases moving forward. Remote upgrade of any IP Office unit needs to be fully aware of having the necessary R5.0 DCP files copied to appropriate TFTP servers prior to upgrading.
Note: - R5.0 DS telephones will request firmware upload if connected to 3.0 – 3.2 Pre-Q2, 2007 IP Office units. 2410 and 5410 requiring DCP 2.0 Firmware, 2420 and 5420 requiring 4.0 DCP Firmware. These builds are available on the Admin CD pre Q2 release
COMPAS ID 128264 Issue 1 Page 7 of 17

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back