Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Jumping Text Boxes in Word 2002 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

GwydionM

Programmer
Oct 4, 2002
GB
When I place a text box in a Word document, it will sometimes let itself be placed and moved, but not always. I have it formatted as Layout > Tight, but on occasions the box will attach itself to the top of the page and refuses to move. I can see the 'anchor' and try to move but success is intermittent.

Does anyone have an explanation?

------------------------------
An old man [tiger] who lives in the UK

Change it to inline, move it and then change it back to tight.

In inline, it is just treated as a character.

xwb, I'm giving you a star because you explained why inline behaves like it does. For those of us who don't use enough sophistication in Word to need a proper training, but who find the behaviour of its moveable items a bit frustrating, this is Good. Thanks!

GwydionM,

If you want to be able to carry out xwb's suggestion, I imagine you can do that via VBA. So here's what I imagine for the setup there:

1. You select the errant/misbehaving text box.
2. You click a button or use a keyboard shortcut to launch the VBA macro.
3. The macro runs, changing the properties as suggested.
4. You're back in business.

I only mention this method, b/c it sounds like you have to deal with this quite often.

Thanks, xwb, that worked. Have a star.

I've not ventured into VBA, I've already got what I needed.

------------------------------
An old man [tiger] who lives in the UK

xwb,
[purple]
Great TIP! ==>> * [/purple]

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses]Just traded in my old subtlety...
for a NUANCE![tongue][/sub]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back