Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Jumping calendar... 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpadie

Technical User
Nov 24, 2003
FR
i have a work-in-progress script for drawing month calendars here

all looks fine in firefox but in safari (for mac 3.1.2) there is a jump to the right of the whole calendar going from jan 2009 to feb 2009. and back again from march onwards.

it must be something odd in the design that is triggered by feb 2009 only occupying 4 rows, and there being only 'active' day boxes, but I can't see what. perhaps borders being doubled and not collapsed?

as said, FF does not exhibit the jump.

any insights would be gratefully appreciated. this is the second jumping exhibit that i've seen in two days. the other one is a menu jump on :hover. but i haven't given up on that one yet...

tx
Justin

Dan

you're dead right. it's the rh scroll bar that's pushing it across. my window in ff was much smaller so the scroll bar was always there.

that's almost as embarrassing as not seeing the row colour differences on a manky monitor...

@audiopro: agreed that it's always better to validate. but bar very few, the validation errors all related to the invalid use of the id attribute. apparently i am not allowed to start an id with a number. i don't think that any of them will have had an effect on format. but thanks for the pointer anyway.

It is always worth throwing it at the validator as it is so easy to miss a bad tag. Dan has hit the problem as always but I always get the simple stuff sorted first, then worry about the less obvious stuff.
Glad you are sorted.

Keith

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back