Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Jumpers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

aph

Technical User
Jul 8, 2000
GB
Right here is the problem I've just got a second hand system for a freind the system consists of a cyrix 233 processor on a TX pro II mother board.
The problem is this I want to install a new PCI graphics card but when I do the computer does not reconise it and still looks for the monitor on the old VDU port (the old port goes directly into the mother board and not a graphics card)I asume the is a jumper on the mother board which is set just to look at the orignal VDU port at present and so I have found three lines of jumpers A B C anyone any ideas OR can someone direct me to the manufacturer of the TX Pro II mother boards??

andy
PS I have installed the drivers by the way!

I Should have a FAQ here on how to find the manufacture of a product using the FCC ID number normally found on the PCB or cover of the product. Karl Blessing aka kb244{fastHACK}
kblogo.jpg

Thanks for your help that just what I needed!

Andy

Try going into the bios and resetting it to the default settings...you may have palette snooping enabled..disable it if you do...

go into Cmos, and desable the internal video card, then just insert the other one, it'll work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back