Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

jumper settings for ibm hard drives

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 8, 2003
US
hi ,

i am still trying to install win xp on my netfinity 5000. i can install win2k server but not xp. after i install the driver by pressing f6, the next screen gives me a message "windows didnt detect any hard drives". i have updated the servrais and system bios and read that i should check the jumper settings on the hdd's. i currently have it setup as raid 0.

i am also getting a message that "the scsi bios is not installed" any suggestions i have tried everything i can think of to get this working. it has the ibm 3l scsi adapter

thanks
vince

hi,
1) if installing w2k you see all disks, this means jumpers are well set (regard scsi-id, motor-start, termination,ecc)

2) the message "the scsi bios is not installed" for my experience is "normal" (probaly is not perfect, but often I seen this message in system I installed and are going

3) have a look to see if xp is compatible (and you find drivers for it) with 3l. ServeRAID supports any 4? adapter.

4) why xp (workstation OS) on netfinity 5000 ?

bye

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back