Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Jump menu stops working once FTP'd

Status
Not open for further replies.

slimshades26

Technical User
May 10, 2002
US
I have jump menu that works fine, relatively speaking, locally but once uploaded stops working.
I've put a call into my tech support but as suspected I've yet to hear from them.
I can certainly provide more info as needed but I've read all the post on here about jump menus and I don't see anything that helps this issue. Any thoughts.

ss26

Do you think that perhaps posting the code could help someone spot a problem if there is one ????

tonyu.gif
tonycomment.gif

[sup]
.....................................................................................................................
"The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."
-Albert Einstein

[/sup]

I wasn't sure if there was a known issue or not. Everyone seems to have quirky issues with jump menus. Thanks for your response. The problem was in my set up in Dreamweaver, is was not coding the whole http: link. Where it looked fine locally when viewing source from my global webpage I could see the error. Actually my tech support called back and pointed it out. Thanks.

ss26

the the jump menu's page addressess, they may not relative to the path

tonyu.gif
tonycomment.gif

[sup]
.....................................................................................................................
"The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."
-Albert Einstein

[/sup]

...or the "jump places" (pages) where never FTP'd along with the main "pushing" page ...or the relative document vs. site paths!
All the best!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back