Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Jukebox Licence Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

sboronski

IS-IT--Management
Sep 24, 2001
GB
Folks

I am not 100% that this is what happened but it is the only logical explanation. My networker guys are away this week.

I am getting a licence error whenever I try to mount a tape in my storage node StorageTek 9710 silo.

I have had no problems for the last couple of years with this, I have:

1 Solaris legato networker server c/w 9710 storageTek
1 Solaris legato storage node to above also with 9710

When I attempt to access the tapes I get:

The Jukebox 'rd=legato-cc:CC_SILO' is not properly licensed. Make sure the jukebox is properly enabled and licenced.

We have licenses for 2 X 128 slot, both enabled properly, unfortuately we have more than 128 tapes, I assume that before my techy disappeared on his latest training course, he added enough spare tapes for the duration (which is good I know) however is it likely that legato allows the number of tapes to be managed to grow beyond the 128 and then complain when attempts to use tham are made. I have tried to remove the tapes but get the same licence errors.

Netorker release 5.1 btw.

Any one help please?

Regards

Steve Boronski

Hi!

As far as I know, Networker should'nt care(license wise) about how many tapes there are in a system. The license should only be dependent on the number of physical slots in the jukebox. However I have no idea about what is causing the error you described. Hopefully someone else in this forum knows more, or if Legato or your Legato dealer could provide you with some information.

Regards,
StefanS

Thanks Stefan, the problem does not seem to be volumes, but the number of volumes added to the SILO, using add library volume. This has gone above the 128 slots to 141, I can only assume that this is not validated at the time the volumes are added.

The SILO is shared with our mainframe so the actual number of slots used has varied over the last 2 years.

I have raised a support call with our re-seller and will hopefully get some joy from them, I will let you know.

Thanks

Steve B.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back