Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Jukebox:adic_san access:scsidev@3.0.1 failed:MOVE MEDIUM key:5 status:

Status
Not open for further replies.

sandeep20

Technical User
Sep 21, 2006
IN
I have Installed Networker 7.3.1 i have two libraries tandberg s24 (with ADIC library & IBM Drive) with single drive. One of my library is dedicated for NDMP backup & other for NON-NDMP backup.

Bellow are the problem i m facing with Networker 7.3.1

1. When i am taking inventory/Labelling of more than one slot it is giving me below errors: " Read open error:drive status is" and ""Jukebox:adic_san access:scsidev@3.0.1 failed:MOVE MEDIUM key:5 status:CHECK CONDITION UNKNOWN, Medium Destination Element Full/Empty.

2. Configured DDS but now it showing me all media as UNLABALLED and also not showing its barcode, i had also restarted the Libaray, reset library through networker & taken inventory but is giving me an error "read Open Error :drive status is there is not a tape in the drive".

3. After completing one backup, It automatically rename the lable to unknown and waiting for the tape in pool at that moment Tape drive and robot both are free . And it shifts media to the other slot either to put it back to the original slot

Can anyone tell me wether tandberg s24 is compatible with Networker 7.3 ? ? ?

OR

This is a Bug in the Networker 7.3.1?

Compatibility is one issue - it is in the Compatibility Guide available at
On the other hand, some important details are missing
- who controls the jukebox, especially the one you use for NDMP backups?
- which jukebox shows the errors?
- DDS shared between whych type of nodes?

Issue #3 sounds weird - why should it relabel the media at all and move it into a different slot? But again, we probably could see a reason if we know more about the environment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back