Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

JSP form data in cache (Quick question)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FreshmenProgrammer

Programmer
Jan 16, 2006
CA
Hi and thank you for reading this thread. I have an application im working on that takes credit card information but if the user does not close the browser window you can press the back key and get his creditcard information. Is there anyway to stop that from happening. Thank you!!

Well, there are several ways out there to prevent this, but no one definite IMHO:

1.- Prevent the user to close all browser windows
2.- Add a disconnect button

But with no collaboration from the user I guess there's nothing to do.

Cheers,
Dian

Could you use a 'password' type field to input the card number?

Tim

I don't think it's a good idea:

1.- It's diffilcut to enter a 14-digit number just seeing asterisks, and you may want to check it

2.- Software to decrypt asterisks is fairly common.

Cheers,
Dian

1.- It's diffilcut to enter a 14-digit number just seeing asterisks, and you may want to check it
Yes it is. (and I thought it was 16 digits?). Maybe using four fields of four would make it slightly easier.

2.- Software to decrypt asterisks is fairly common

Eh? How can you decrypt asterisks? But anyway, if there's phishing software reading the keypresses all security bets are off, surely. Stopping some other user clicking the 'back' button would be the last of your worries.

Tim

So its 16? I was sure this Platinum American Express that guy sold me for 10€ was not too good ...

And about how to decrypt it, take a loot at Revelation, it's an amazing piece of software. Remeber: security is just an ilusion.

Cheers,
Dian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back