Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

JS Compatability Tools

Status
Not open for further replies.

bdasp1

Technical User
Jan 9, 2002
US
Hello all,

In my recent scripting, I've noticed that not all of my Java Scripting works with both Internet Explorer and Netscape.

Are there any free, or even retail compatability tools available out there? If so, could you please direct me to appropriate vendor(s)?

Thanks again. You guys have never steered me wrong:)

go to . Dan Steinman is the guy who started the DynAPI project, an attempt to create a JavaScript function library for cross-browser scripting. Personally, I don't agree with the methods he uses to manipulate the page objects, but if you really don't want to do your own scripting, I suggest using the DynAPI library.
bluebrain.gif
blueuniment.gif

Netscape has a cross-browser style api that might help, as well as some browser sniffing code, and a cross-browser compatible collapsible list. And I built a cross-browser compatible popup "working" box. Here's links to the threads I wrote about them. They might help:

Practical Browser Sniffing: Thread215-152604
Cross-Browser Style API: Thread215-152607
Cross-Broswer Compatible Collapsible List: Thread215-152608
Pop-up Flashing "Working" Message: Thread215-152691

Tracy Dryden
tracy@bydisn.com

Meddle not in the affairs of dragons,
For you are crunchy, and good with mustard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back