Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

jre-6u15-windows-1586-iftw.exe message pop up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deak

Technical User
Nov 9, 2001
US
Hello I am running Windowsn XP Pro SP3 & all of a sudden I am getting a message window that pops up with this message & a Red X. The detail in the window reads The procedure entry point CM_Get_DevNode_Status_EX could not be located in the dynamic link library SETUPAPI.dll. Im not sure if a windows update downloaded or what happened but this message is all of a suddne popping up on my screen.

Does anyone have any ideas on this one. I did search google but really found no good indication on what might have caused this or is causing it.

Thanks for any information in advance you might be able to provide.

jre-6u15 is the latest version (1.6 update 15) of the Java Runtime Environment, so my guess is that you're running an older version and the error is connected to the auto update feature when it tries to update. As a first approach, I'd uninstall [all if there are multiples] your existing Java in the normal way from control panel. Then, visit java.com and manually install the latest version.

Thanks all I decided to uninstall Java & be done with it. Seems to have eliminated the error message. I will need to re-install Java at some point but not needed currantly.

Thanks all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back