Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

jQuery jAlert Plugin - Cannot get it to work ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

southbeach

Programmer
Jan 22, 2008
US
Writing some code and came across the need to use alert() in some occasions but, in chrome, the alert() method shows more than the string I intend, it shows a title over my message (something like servername says).

A bit of google and I found jAlert(). The demo
Code:
[URL unfurl="true"]http://www.tutorialscollection.com/jquery-demo/jquery-demo.php?ex=8.0_4[/URL]
works nicely but same code in my end does not work. I figure that this is due to different versions of jQuery. My code references
Code:
<link rel="stylesheet" href="//code.jquery.com/ui/1.11.4/themes/smoothness/jquery-ui.css">
<script src="//code.jquery.com/jquery-1.10.2.js"></script>
<script src="//code.jquery.com/ui/1.11.4/jquery-ui.js"></script>

You may notice that the sample code referenced above, points to a "locally hosted" JS file while I am pointing to the "hosted" version.

What am I missing?

Thank you all in advance for your assistance!

--
SouthBeach
The good thing about not knowing is the opportunity to learn - Yours truly, 2008.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back