Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

JPEG to Bit Map Conversion

Status
Not open for further replies.

hr

Technical User
Nov 11, 2000
CH
Hi all,

I have thousands of 240 dpi greyscale jpeg's, I have to print them out on a 600 DPI black and white laser printer.

Is there anybody out in the world who knows Photoshop settings to convert those images in to bitmaps? I need to know best dithering method, i.e. bit x bit, LPI, angle and other important setups.

Recommendations for other tools are also appreciated.

hrj

you can not print H/Ts on your printer?
If you must convert to bit map then I would do 1200 dpi Diffusion Ditter this will keep them looking somewhat like a H/T.
Thom

The longest jounney starts with the first step.

"I have thousands of 240 dpi greyscale jpeg's, I have to print them out on a 600 DPI black and white laser printer."
--->so hit "Print" ?!
ok :) what I meant is that there should NOT be any quality loss if ur printing Lower Resolution Image ---> Higher Resolution Printer.....
if u desire to have mass convertion from jpg-->bmp then create a custom action based on 1 convertion that u do manually.....
All the best!

> need more info?
:: don't click HERE ::

thombathe,

H/T's? - half toning?

hr,

Because you have so many images I would set an action and then do a batch process to convert them all.

Hope this helps!

Nate

mainframe.gif

Sorry - only just seen this message

Your printer will 'halftone' the continuous tone (contone) images. The only thing you need to worry about is the halftone screen angle. The lower you set this the more grey levels you can acquire. Try a screen of 60 for example, then print the same with a 80 screen. The 80 screen is finer but will reduce the grey levels. This is all down to personal preference. You do not need to convert the images to bitmaps!

Regards
Duncan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back