Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

JPEG copying and pasting 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

bubbidge

Technical User
Oct 18, 2006
GB
Please Help!!!

When I copy a JPEG image in Corel GS 12 and then paste it back onto the same page, it comes out much darker. Why is this and how can I stop it happening?

Also, can i download a RAL colour palette to use in Corel? If so, where can i get it?

Many thanks in anticipation.

Does it show this way in print, or is it only darker on-screen? I have seen similar situations with bitmaps doing all kinds of odd color transformations. Unless the jpeg is somehow being copied out (exported), then copied back in (imported), it should be being rendered with the same onscreen palete that the rest of the image is using.

If the source of the jpg is coming from an outside source, when you are pasting, you may somehow be re-importing the image, and changing the way it is rendered. Also, if you are opening the original jpg, as opposed to importing it, you may be working within the confines of the images color palette.

Check your onscreen display and import/export options by going to Tools > Color Management. It seems a bit simplistic at first, but there are some pretty complex capabilities within this color manager.

Within PhotoPaint, you can get a better break down of the number of colors, the palette being used, and more specifics about the use of the colors and bit counts.

Sorry, I am not familiar with the RAL color palette, and until you asked, I have never looked at one before. No idea where to download one from. You might check with your color supplier.

Yes it appears in the print too. I understand what you mean about the importing/exporting, but I am only copying and pasting. The JPEG was even created in corel from a corel drawing.

I will check my colour management, see if that helps.

Thanks very much for your help.

It almost sounds as if the color palette is displaying the print colors, and the screen is displaying rendered colors - on the original object - then when it is pasted, it is displaying in the print colors. Blues tend to be the most prominent in that area where the 100% cyan shows as almost a Navy Blue in print, while the screen preview shows almost an Aqua color. See if you can find the profiles for your printer and monitor from the Corel site or from the individual manufacturers web site. This can go a long way towards straightening that kind of issue. Since I currently have generic profiles, I spent the better part of a day trying to create a color palette that matched what I saw on screen. In the end, it took some serious finegaling, but I ended up simulating the output as the Generic RGB driver for my monitor. The time was worth the effort though.

Thanks attrofy. When I get a spare day I may do the same!!

I had altered my colour management so that documents print fairly accurately. I have now changed it back to default and it seems to have corrected the error I was getting.

It isnt particularly important that my prints accurately represent colours as I dont have to supply colour proofs. I just like everything to be as accurate as possible i guess.

Thanks once again.

Andy
John Anthony Signs
Rayleigh
Essex
UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back