Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

JPEG and JPG previews

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trainman2k

Technical User
Jan 31, 2002
US
When folder options are set to VIEW AS WEB PAGE, until recently, I could get a preview of the picture on the left hand side of the folder window by highlighting the file name.
I have hunted all over the system settings and have tried many things, but can still only generate a preview the pic by right clicking on the file name. This really slows down my work, trying to find the pic I want.
Also, all my JPEG files have been renamed JPG. Although the file type is the same, (I assume), I prefer the JPEG suffix for these files. How do I restore the 'JPEG' suffix to my pics?

you need to go to windows explorer then tools, folder options, file types, and search for the jpeg or jpg extension. more then likely you installed a program or uninstalled a program and it is still keeping its program association for that file type. Find it, remove it or change what it opens with and set it to what you would like to open it with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back