Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Joomla Installation problem - Could not connect to the database ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

c0deM0nK424

Programmer
Oct 28, 2007
GB
Could not connect to the database. Connector returned number: Could not connect to MySQL.

this is using the Joomla! Web Installer which has been placed under my domain mr-manoj-kumar

and im on step 2.

i've created a database named ' D-2js9_z3 '

mysql appended a prefix to that though, cl47-d-2js9_z3

i had this problem before when i last had joomla installed (but installed in a weird way)

but i managed to figure out what was wrong- but now i cant quite remember what I did to resolve it.

whats going on here why am i seeing that message ? screenshots below

Also another worrying thing is - on my hosting console, ive not got a 'mysql database wizard' thing - but i do have a mysql databases icon where I can create a database with a username and a password and manage it, but when i do - i go to databases in mysql and it says 'no priviledges'.

weird.

the answer to my problem is one of the simplest ones but i dont know it - whats going on here folks ?

MySQL does not add the prefix, it is cPanel that appends your account name onto the username (and database name) so that they will be unique in the Linux user database.

The "No Privileges" error means the user account you are logged in with does not have "CREATE DATABASE" permissions.

And the "Cannot connect to database" means that it has not been created, the Db name is wrong, no permissions, wrong username/password and so on.

Chris.

Indifference will be the downfall of mankind, but who cares?
Time flies like an arrow, however, fruit flies like a banana.
Webmaster Forum

Using the cPanel or Softaculous installer is that? Because if left to it's own devices that IS what it will do.

YOU have to set the installation parameters and DELETE the directory name it will suggest creating for the scripts to be placed in

Chris.

Indifference will be the downfall of mankind, but who cares?
Time flies like an arrow, however, fruit flies like a banana.
Webmaster Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back