Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Joining systems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kkress4

Technical User
Sep 12, 2007
US
i have my own house and an adjoining building now each having different phone systems.. my house has a 824 dr5 and the other other has a NEC DSX-160. eventually the two dwellings will be connected but until then how can i connect the two systems together so the NEC can have extensions from the Norstar? i can run a 25 pair cable over there its only 5 feet but then im stumped?

I think that your only option is to hook up ATA's on the 8x24 side and connect them to trunk ports on the NEC side...

Yes. You will need to connect analog extension dial tone to the other sides analog trunk ports. Then you can access the line and have the other systems dial tone.

If the NEC has capability, you can use 4-wire E&M. You need a copper trunk module and an E&M card. Kinda pricey.

Adversity is Opportunity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back